We are lucky to have Amanda and Kylie relatively close by for semi frequent play dates! The kids are only 2 1/2 months apart. Rhya's always with older kids, which is fun, but it's also fun to be with someone her same age! They interacted WAY more this time. We took a trip to the beach.
Kylie was careful and steady in the water, and Rhya was fast and sporadic so she fell over a lot. Does that say anything about their personalities? I'll attach a video later that shows the differences. The kids made us laugh A LOT during our play date. Come again soon, girls!!
Some days with the daycare kids are crazy. Others are enjoyable. Yesterday was fun! I noticed a large flow of crystal clear water flowing through our backyard waterway, so I snagged Travis from his duties (thanks, dude!), and we hauled the kayak into the water. The kids took turns floating down stream. They were SQUEALING with delight. The town must've been emptying out a hydrant because the water was super clean and freezing cold!
I didn't get any pictures until after the water level was almost obsolete, but it shows the fun that they were having!
Today was one of those days where I'd rather have 6 of my own kids than 1 of my own and 2 daycare kids. The two year old would NOT stop crying/whining/squalling/being mean....etc!! It was incredibly wearing, and I feel so bad because it's not her fault, but it does NOT make her enjoyable to have around! Ack!
THANK GOODNESS Kristina came over for the day! Hopefully she doesn't wish she would've stayed home. :-) We did have a good time, though! We had a brunch of eggs and smoothies, went strawberry picking, and partook of a Chinese picnic at the park. I'll be anxious to see her pics! Thanks for coming, sis!
I'm glad I came! Here are some pics: http://thepocketchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/07/strawberry-lovin.html
ReplyDelete