Monday, July 18, 2011

Humidity vs. dew point in connection with temperature

This is the time of year that Dearly Beloved starts exclaiming about dew-point in connection with the temperature.
We go through this conversation every single year:

Huz: "Did you see that the dew-point was pushing 80 today?!?"
Wifey (dons intrigued expression): "Wow, is that kinda crazy?"
Huz:  "Amazing. Pretty much tropical"
Wifey: So what's the big deal with dewpoint again? I can't remember.
Huz: Goes into a honkin' explanation that wifey can't repeat back cause the recollection is already gone.

Question: Am I releasing my utter stupidity here, or does anyone else not really 'get' dew-point? We'll rephrase that: I 'get' it when it's explained but don't even think about asking me to repeat the facts.
Come to think of it, there are quite a few times where I leave it up to the huz for explaining....

Like washing his hair at midnight in the river during our Alaskan honeymoon 5 years ago: 

1 comment:

  1. Nope, don't get dew point:) Just stick with heat index for me...that I understand! It's HOT!! :))))

    ReplyDelete