Do you ever pretend that you know where you are going when you really have no clue? Example:
Friday night we went to Rochester to visit Gma Boyd who was getting some meds checked out at the hospital. We went through Red Wing, which I thought was kinda silly. It took a whole hour. I commented that when I used to go to Rochester for work I went through Hastings and it only took 45 minutes.
I talked Nate into going home through Hastings on the way home. It was dark. I couldn't remember the exit number, just landmarks. Landmarks do no jump out at you in the dark. Every time we came to an exit I'd say, 'just a little further'.
One hour and 30 minutes later we arrived home. At least Rhya was sleeping soundly. At least we were laughing our heads off the whole time we were 'lost'. :-) Gotta love self induced adventures.
To complete our weekend:
A Saturday at home does the body/spirit good! It seems like we are hardly ever home on the weekends, but yesterday was a day of pure Prescott.
It started off with an early morning thanks to our 5:15am early bird. Good thing we got to bed early. ha.
We had a day of cleaning out the cars and garage, writing a letter, getting doughnuts from the new bakery, pulling weeds, mowing lawn (it got super nice and sunny after the morning rains), cleaning the chicken pen and collecting two eggs (they've been laying two a day, and one of the eggs wouldn't even fit in the egg carton yesterday), going for a bike ride w' Rhya in the trailer (Nate), going for a run (the whole family), grilling hot dogs, giving Nate a haircut, and FALLING into bed to wake up fully refreshed on this beautiful Sunday morning.
I remember loving the "weekend feeling" At home, enjoying each other and the outdoors! Sounds like a well used weekend.
ReplyDelete