Brielle got full eating popcorn and still had a few kernels left on her plate. Off they went, flying through the air, one at a time, and plopping on the floor with a glorious tap. She looked at me, like, whatcha gonna do?
I informed her that she'd be picking them up before she left the kitchen. She pretended to have the greatest time in the kitchen for at least 15 minutes (even though I could tell she wanted to leave). Finally she ran over, picked them up as fast as she could and asked, "Make you happy, Mom?"
Gma Mo generously doled out a piece of gum for each girl before leaving to go home. I reminded Brielle about five times to SPIT it out, NOT swallow it when she was done. She wanted to show me everything she could do with gum. She picked up her milk glass and took a couple of swigs. I asked, 'Brielle, do you still have your gum?" She said, "Yep! Look, Mommy! Bielle's gum is waerpooof (waterproof!)"
Last week I spent a good ten minutes digging craft eyeballs out of Brielle's nose. Yep, there was one in each nostril. I couldn't even see the 2nd one so I showed her how to plug one nostril and blow OUT really hard. She plugged one nostril and breathed IN very ferociously. We finally got the thing out, but evidently she's in an exploratory stage with her body cavities. Yesterday she came up to me with two coins (from Rhya's wallet) and said, "Here Mommy, gum! One a (for) Mommy and one a Bielle!" Then she popped a nickel in her mouth. SCARY!!! The coins will be hiding for a while!
We talk about age quite a bit. The other day I casually told Rhya, "Four is a really fun age!" She responded with, " Yep, I am glad that God did that number."
We went camping with BethArlene and Heidi. Heidi lived with us for a few months a couple of years ago and Rhya got to know her very well. However, two years is a long time to not see someone for a 4 year old, so it took Rhya a few hours to get acquainted. The next morning she told Heidi, "I didn't know you very well before, but I know you now! I like you. That's why I follow you EVERYWHERE" :-)
Heidi and BethArlene sure knew what it was to have sidekicks on that vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment