Monday, August 11, 2014

Calden at 11 Weeks, 14 pounds

Our happy boy smiles and coos at anyone who will coo in his face
He has pulled about 6 all nighters (12 hours straight!), but usually wakes up once (sometimes twice) for a refill. He always goes right back down. I nurse him in bed so we both hardly wake up. Sometimes I forget to put him back in his bedside bassinet so he gets snuggle time in the big bed. :-)
Little peanut is still very portable and sleeps on the go. Thanks to the Moby wrap, we've had a lot of successful outings. He's ALWAYS happy in it. The car seat is usually only acceptable when the van is moving, but he's stayed sleeping in it through meeting and other events a few times.
He LOVES to look around. When he's in the exploring mood his little breaths get fast and excited and his head goes back and forth over and over as he tries to see everything in his range. Usually his arms and legs start pumping!
We both LOVE diaper changes. He gets to happily relieve himself on the potty chair while I get to save on diapers and 'discuss life' with my baby while he's on the pot. I am SO GLAD that I discovered the concept of Elimination Communication. It has worked wonders with all three kids.  
He seems to enjoy most of his big sister's antics and doesn't mind their 'clumsier' forms of showing love (suffocating hugs, paci shoved way too far in, zero personal bubble room). Calden loves to watch them and still tolerates being held by his biggest sister. He is not a fan of being set down unless someone is there to humor him!
We went through the first nine weeks with only a couple of bibs as he wasn't much of a spitter. I need to buy about 15 bibs now, as he is constantly drooling. A shirt won't go two minutes without getting wet!
Calden has been WIDE eyed ever since birth. When he's awake his eyes are usually open as far as possible. It was amusing at first but now we're used to it and I hardly notice. It's just his normal, I guess!
So far, he's built very similar to his sisters with not much chunckiness. He has long thin legs, arms, and fingers. The only pudge that stands out is the adorable, squishy little double chin that he was born with. I wonder if he'll end up with brown eyes as they are a lot darker than Rhya and Brielle's light blue eyes.

Life seems so normal and comfortable and so very special with another little being! Oh to freeze and replay all of the adorable/precious/funny moments with our little loves. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of him in your bed. I posted a similar one of Kaia as an infant and then worried that the "never let your baby sleep in your bed mafia" would be after me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to get a peek into your everyday life! Love the pic of you and Calden chatting while he does his business....though I didn't realize what he was doing at first!

    ReplyDelete