My parents have now been married for THIRTY short years!
Their love shows!
I love how they always give each other a smooch and pat pat when one is going to leave for the day or even a few hours.
I love how Mom is always game to help Dad around the farm and in the shop, whether it's feeding calves, raking hay, staining cabinets, catching up on bookwork...
I love how Dad rants and raves about how good Mom's cooking is and thanks her for the meal.
I love how they enjoy each others company, especially when they chit chat in the evenings while Dad eats his ice cream and Mom eats her orange.
I love how they show so much care and love toward their grand-kids, whether it be tractor rides, long discussions about anything big or small, craft projects, snuggles, horsing around, etc...
I love how despite what life brings they always remain grounded and realistic and see things clearly in a unified way.
The list could go on and on. I am so lucky to have these special people as my parents!!
I love your list...you hit it spot on! Sometimes late in the evening I picture them chatting about the day while eating their orange and ice cream, and just the thought of it makes me feel so cozy.
ReplyDelete