Rhya 'needs' her door open when she sleeps. For the past couple of months, whenever we put her down, she says, "Mommy (or Daddy) leave Rhya's door open!" We say, "Sure, I can leave your door open. Night night!"
Then she proceeds to lay on her bunny and pillow and fall asleep...usually on the floor NEXT to her bed.
However, the past week or so I was getting a little nervous because she seemed to forget how to say "leave Rhya's door open" She started to say, "Leave Rhya's d d d duh duh duh"....and then trail off. I'd have to finish, and say, "You mean DOOR open?" She'd agree and then just stand there and stare at me.
It finally CLICKED w' me...she's buying time!! It's HILARIOUS now that I know what she's doing. At first it was freaking me out because I wondered if she was coming down w' a speech problem. However, she knows that I wait for her to finish her sentence before leaving, so I won't leave if she never finishes her sentence!
Now I'll have to be the one to get creative!
No comments:
Post a Comment