I had to blow my nose but didn't want to wake her and wreck the accomplishment so I did my snot dispersal (excuse the disgusting mental picture) out in the garage. Is that paranoid? At least the cold air cleared me up.
When we finally achieved all night sleeping at 6 months I thought that nights would be clear sailing. Ha! Sleeping is such an art. It comes in all sorts of styles, depending on what's going on!!
We had chicken, potatoes, and corn bread for supper. Who do you think at the most? Me? Nope. My stomach is squished in some far away place behind the uterus. Nate? Probably. Rhya? Could very well be. She kept eating and eating and eating...and finally she did a HUGE deep breath, looked down at her tummy, and said, "tummy FULL". I don't know that she's had that much of a 'maxed out' belly feeling before. Hopefully that's another sign that she's on the mend.
I was reading my bible one morning when Rhya came in and pretended to give me something to drink. I figured out that she was trying to play meeting when she pretended to pick a piece off of her 'bread' and handed it to me. She's also been singing 'Tell Me the Story of Jesus' over and over. Her words aren't clear at all but she has the tune down pat.
This is a synopsis Rhya's activities while I was trying to make supper tonight:
- Open oven door. SLAM it shut - three times before she was told it was enough.
- Snag a stick of butter off of the counter. Unwrap it. I discover the project and put the stick on the counter. She proceeds to smear the wrapper all over the patio door and laugh her head off because Sakari is trying to lick it from the outside.
- Tell me that she HAS to go poopy ("poopy! poopy! poopy!"). I tell her to take her pants and diaper off and go do her business. A few minutes later I go to check on her. Cool! Poop in the potty chair! However, in her attempts to wipe her butt she unraveled the entire toilet paper roll. It had been almost full.
- Finds some straws and splashes around in the water bowl until Nate puts it outside.
- Sings various songs at the TOP of her lungs.
- Finds two pot lids and creates her own band. Then puts the lids underneath the rug and performs a balancing act on top of them.
- Runs to her bedroom on three separate occasions to get a Kleenex and blow her 'boogies' (which are in abundance). Later I see that she has emptied the whole box and dispersed the tissues on her bed.
Gotta love the 'borderline' activities. It's like she was trying to think up anything she could do to see our reaction. I'm just glad to have my bouncy kid back!
I realize that these posts are soon to become less 'Rhya' oriented. This makes me excited and sad at the same time...my baby won't be my baby anymore!! However, we couldn't be more excited to expand our hearts to another love bug. :-) We settled on a name this week! Sorry, no clues.
Do you think she'll look anything like Rhya?

I crack up every time I picture Sakari trying to lick the butter from the outside. Rhya finds amusement in hilarious things!
ReplyDelete