Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gobblers

Nate and Court participated in the Hastings 8K Gobble Gait. Melanie, Saraiah, William, and I showed up for moral supper.. Rhya, Sakari, and I stood at the finish line and watched the runners flood in. Here he is:
The music was pounding away and people were all over the place. Rhya was in awe of the whole thing, and little miss in utero muffet was kicking up a storm. Pretty sure the music was getting to her too!
Later on, as we were walking up Mom and Dad's sidewalk for our T-day feast, mouth watering aromas serenaded us to THIS:
The legs fell off of the grill, so Mom plopped it in the wheelbarrow! How creative. It may have even made the turkey taste THAT much better. :-)
                                       I am very thankful for my family!! Every single member!

We joined yet another rank on Black Friday. I feel very professional at the moment. We are now GPS users. We can certainly justify the purchase since we figure we'll save $100 worth of gas by being able to drive exactly to our destination every time. It sure beats tooling around pretending we know which direction we are going. The only problem is when we tested it out on the way home from the grocery store one mile from our house it thought a dead end was a through street. Let the fun begin.

We celebrated Gpa and Gma's 60th wedding anniversary on Saturday! Ardi put on an amazing spread complete with gorgeous decorations. There was silver and glittery accessories every where we looked! Unfortunately my camera was dead, so I am once again hoping to glean pictures from my sis.

Sunday brought my dad's 54th birthday (well, one day in advance)! Everyone was still around so we had a little celebration complete with awesome chocolate cake.

We had no shortage of family time, parties, feasts over the weekend. So much so I had troubles remembering what I was supposed to be doing on a normal day when Monday showed its face. Oh yeah. Four kids who were trying to readjust from their own festivities. The bed couldn't have been comfier last night. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment