I served up some leftover goulash the other day. Brielle looked down at it, looked back up at me, and tearfully sputtered, "WHY did you give us PIG swop (slop) Mommy?? I don't want to eat PIG swop!"
Something caused Brielle to cry out in the backyard. She bawled her entire way to the house, walked into the bathroom, came out with a tissue, wiped her eyes and face, and said, "Dair. Now I wiped all my feewings off."
We make frequent trips to Enberg's Produce. We all know the owner, and the kids love chatting with him, peeking in his hen-house, feeding the pigs their apples cores, and checking out his beautiful screened garden shed. The last time we went, as we were about to leave, Brielle pulled out her coin purse from the van and announced, "I want to give Mark my money!"
She hopped out, ran over to Mark and said, "I want to give you some MONEY!" He answers, "Oh, REALLY? Nah, you keep you money, but did you get a lollipop yet?" He proceeded to give each kid FOUR lollipops.
Brielle took them but then confidently exclaimed, "You give me lollipops (held up her fistful), and I give you MONEY (holds up her coin purse)!!"
I guess this girl knows what money is all about :-)
As we were sitting at the table munching on our bedtime snack, Brielle stated, "I wuv you a wot Mommy. That means that you are in my HEART!!"
That 'pig swop' bit just about finished me! Sounds like an interesting stage!
ReplyDelete