Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We Have the Moment

Like Kristina (blog link on the sidebar) and the nation, I have been reading and watching the details of the Newton tragety. These were not just kids or adults. They were individuals with names...with families...with passions...with personalities...with ended lives.

I wonder what the last 'together' moments were for the families and other close people. I wonder how they are doing. I wonder how they can possibly cope with such graphic images in their minds, wondering how much their child/friend/mom suffered or saw before being shot.

They will not regret a single moment spent with their deceased loved ones. It certainly helps to put life into perspective. I wonder how I would react if it was my loved one. It sends shivers down my spine knowing that my 'wondering' is someone else's REALITY.

Life can be cruel and confusing...but it can bring our thoughts and intents to higher ground. I noticed that the first thing people did was gather at a church and seek spiritual help.

So, while I have time and opportunity with my children, it is my intent show them by my life how to be spiritual. As a result of spirituality, I can show them how to be kind, forgiving, selfless, happy. I can use the MOMENT while it is still here.




No comments:

Post a Comment