Friday, October 19, 2012

What's your Faaayvrit?

Rhya points to a yellow toothbrush- "this is my faaayvrit. Jordan likes the blue one"
Points to a random object in a book- "This is my Faaayvrit!! Which one is yours, Mommy?"
This goes on and on. She's constantly picking something out and dubbing it as her 'favorite'. It is the cutest thing ever.

Wait- the other 'cutest thing ever' is the way she talks. She jabbers away and is very easy to understand but the grammar is hilarious.
"I is a girl. You is a girl, Mommy?"
"My very like hot! You no like hot?" (usually after we've told her that the food needs to cool down a bit)
"BiEll (Brielle) no how to eat. She too little. I is a big durl (girl). My two. You is big, Mommy?
Tory (Cory) at work? To make money?
Jordan coming amorrow (tomorrow)?
I hungwy for sometin. I wanna snaaaaack.
What's in your mouf? You have um (gum), Mommy? I want um.
When her words can't keep up with her brain she says, 'un un un un un' super duper fast until the next word pops out.
She thinks it's just HILARIOUS to shorten words just for fun. Nama has been called 'Nam'. I have been called 'Ma'. Brielle has been called 'Bee' Granpa has been called 'Gamp' She says it, then laughs with uncharted glee.

Jordan and Rhya have a 'thing' with monsters right now. They run through the house like wildcats saying, "Monsters are coming!!" They proceed to hide in ever nook and cranny.

Friends were made last weekend. Makenna (almost 4) and Rhya are second cousins and played for two days straight! Thanks for hosting the fun family weekend, Curt and Cindy!

Brielle and Rhya are clicking more and more each day. They seem to have their own sort of communication. Brielle knows to scream at the top of her lungs when she knows that Rhya is just trying to bug her (like pop the paci out of Brielle's mouth 'just cause it's fun'). She also knows to let out happy squeals, jabbers, and belly laughs.

The other day Brielle was hanging out in her crib looking at her mobile (or so I thought). I walked into the room and discovered Rhya laying right beside her reading a book out loud. They were both very engaged in the task at hand and hardly noticed I was there.

Brielle has started to reach out at people when they're about to pick her up. She also hangs on with all her might when she doesn't want to be set down.

Her favorite activity is to grab at people's glasses, hair, ear, nose, and whatever object they are holding. Almost every person comments on her unforgiving grasp while they hold her.
We are masters at pushing our chair waaay back and balancing food from our plate to our mouth. Good thing Sakari is around to clean up the spilled morsels.

She is happy happy happy and thrives with tons of activity. Is this a 2nd child thing? ha. She'll squirm and laugh with pure joy whenever there's a lot of upbeat talking and commotion, like she's trying to enter in.

I thought I placed the tuna melt ingredients out of her reach. Not so!


1 comment:

  1. Love the thought of them reading in bed together. They are going to be the best of friends!

    ReplyDelete