Goodness gracious. She's five. This is how our 5 year old resident carries on;
"I ran with Layla at recess today. She's really fast. We run the same speed limit"
Me: "Oh yeah? How fast do you think you were running?
Rhya: "Probably 7 miles per hour or something." (wow, not too far off!)
While getting ready for bible study, Rhya was getting spiffed to the T.
She really did try to wear the fancy lace socks with her sparkly heels, but it just didn't work for her. Too slimy. That's why the hello kitty sock found it's way on her right foot and the Frozen sock occupied the other foot. MUCH more comfortable.
After swimming Rhya put one pair of socks on. Then she said, "I need the other pair in there too. I brought two pair. This first pair isn't thick enough"
Rhya is getting quite capable in the kitchen. This morning she whipped up a batch of scrambled eggs. The only thing I did was 'man' the burners.
She was starving after her last swimming lesson tonight (which the girls LOVED, btw) She wondered about having cereal so I said, "Well, it's not the best choice but whatever..." Then I went to the living room to nurse the 'gasp' almost 11 month old.
She fetched the Raisin Bran from above the stove, climbed up and retrieved a bowl, poured the milk from the heavy glass jar, and proceeded to chow. All I heard was a bunch of clinking and slurping. I did peak at the beginning to see a gigantic serving. A few minutes later I heard a little mutter, "Wow. I am STUFFED" Then she sauntered off to get her jammies on, content as a spring chick (guess what we picked up at the post office today?)
Speaking of chicks, 35 of them are cozied up in the milk house. We arrived home from the post office at 8am. Daycare kids came at 8:15. Rhya took full responsibility of dipping all of their beaks in the special water. No prob. Easy peasy. She even handed out chicks and explained how to carefully hold them!
Rhya is getting queen of cracking little funnies. She'll say something witty and then quickly whip her hand over her mouth to hide the smirk...I really need to write stuff down when I hear it.
One of these days I'll get the pics off my camera. All for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment