Monday, April 7, 2014

A Special Girl

Rhya was on a roll of making me feel huge the other day as I was getting dressed:
"Wow, Mommy, I can see your tummy sticking out from underneath your shirt. Do you think it's a bit small? Here! I'll help you pull it down. Ooof. Ooops, now, look! It's too low on top. Look, you can see THIS. You think you should find a bigger shirt?"
"Your undies are HUGE! Is it cuz you're an adult?"
Why is your leg so wide right there? (points to my thigh)"

Rhya is also very good at making me feel loved. Multiple times a day she comes up to me and whispers in my ear:
"You're the only Mommy I ever like/want!!"
She usually follows up with a huge bear hug.

Today as we were driving she polished off her second dried pineapple ring. It had been pretty quiet in the van, as Brielle was napping and Rhya was gnawing away at her goodie. Pretty soon she piped up with a huge sigh, "WOW, Mommy! That pineapple ring sure made me chew a lot! Now my brain is all tired out!" Looong pause... "It's my brain, right?" I informed her that yes, her brain was in her head, but it was probably her jaw that was tired.

Before bed tonight she asked,
"But WHY can't we see God?" I said, "We can't see him, but we can feel him in our hearts. He helps make us happy". She said, "Oh! Is that what the pumping is then? Mine is pumping fast right now"


1 comment: