We said goodbye today to the only house we've known as a married couple and family. Nate bought our house before we were married and we've lived in it ever since!!
It was very bittersweet to take one last eye sweep throughout the place. There are so many memories of Rhya playing in that little sandbox with her bare toes, sliding down the old metal slide on her tummy, poking around in the chicken pen under the lilacs, going through the 'doggie door' (hole in the screen door- ha), flopping down the stairs on her hind end, on and on!!
I remember walking through the front door for the first time after getting married (and someone put a hedge trimming tool in our fridge!)
I remember fixing up the place and laughing about eating meals at tv trays.
I remember getting stuck outside in COLD weather when the garage door opener was being stingy.
I remember our interesting assortment of neighbors (good 'ole Harold).
I remember both nights of laboring throughout the house, especially leaning over the couch in the living room.
I remember sitting on the front step, reading children books, watching the cars go by.
I remember how the baby swing was set up 'just' so in the living room.
Oh, so many memories in a short almost 7 years. What will the next place bring???
Couldn't be more excited about what you're going on to, but even I feel a little sentimental about saying goodbye to the Gibbs Street house. MAN, there have been a lot of family memories made there over the years!
ReplyDelete