Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tiredly Awake

Little Miss Blue Eyes #2 was yawning at 7:30. I thought- COOL! I am going to have a nice long evening all to myself (since Rhya was being put to bed by her Daddy)

I should know by now that anticipation wrecks everything. She was determined to stay awake. DETERMINED. She nursed enthusiastically (in our bed) but instead of falling asleep she popped right up, pulled herself up on the headboard, and started waving out the window. Then she plopped down and started yanking at the clock. After that she proceeded to sit on my belly and pull my hair. Any time I tried to lay her down she squawked.

I gave up and sat her on her potty while feeding her a jar of baby food. She chowed. Then crawled over and pushed Rhya's door open while saying, "EH, EH!" ...as loud as she could.

It was so funny because I KNEW she was tired. Her eyes told me so. She just MADE herself stay awake by 'baby talking' super loud, crawling all over, and getting into stuff.

I finally grabbed a paci and blankie, and headed to the lazyboy while making little throaty noises. Instant conk out.

Her favorite place to sleep is as close to Daddy as possible (or as he says, 'on his head') so we'll see how long she lasts in her pack 'n play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Change gears:
I took the kids sledding at the farm on the last warm day:
I LOVE Rhya's creativity. Her attention span is getting quite long. She's very particular on how she scrunches the tissue paper, how big of a glue dot she squeezes out and how she strategically cuts the corners out. Then she'll surprise me and rip off an entire edge and scribble like crazy. :-)
Rhya told me that she could butter her own bun. 
Let's just say it was a hectic day. Turning off the sink was not a priority. :-)
I don't know why I bother to wash mirrors, but here are my helpers, hard at work! The wee one is shredding  paper towel.
We rolled pine cones in peanut butter and seed and hung it out for the birds. Thanks for the idea, Kristina!
She sits just like her Daddy, right, Gma Mo?




1 comment:

  1. Very close to the same :) Personally, I don't see how it can be comfortable :) It is fun to see traits of our kids being repeated :)

    ReplyDelete