Friday, October 7, 2011

Look UP!


We looked forward to convention for SO LONG and now are enjoying the 'post' convention state. It's so hard to remember everything that was mentioned (especially since I was out half the time), but it is amazing how convention gems come to mind at random times throughout the day. So, my goal...can I feed on what I heard and grow from it for as long or longer as I was looking forward to it?

Life has FINALLY been back to normal for Rhya this week! She had two straight weeks of MAJOR fussiness, gross diapers (and a rash), breakout around her mouth, and random fevers...the Monday after convention she started to get back on the right track and now she's back to her normal self.
After doing some research and talking to some people I decided to start treating her for a yeast infection in case her woes were more significant than teething. I've been giving her echinacea (which she LOVES. I think it's disgusting) and probiotics, and have totally cut out gluten, yeast, sugar (except fruit), and dairy (except yogurt). Her diaper rash is gone and her face is WAY better! Best of all- she is not so irritable!!
 See the scratch on her temple? That was the result of the 5 ft stick she carried around all day.

We've been LOVING this week's weather. The kids have been outside way more than inside. The crunchy leaves have been the highlight this week.
Rhya is now starting to put two words together, like 'Ari teat!' (Sakari, treat!), 'baby cy' (baby cry), bubye Joady (or whoever is leaving), cacka pease (cracker please)...

We depart tomorrow to see our sisters! Kayla is picking us up Sat. evening, and we'll be with her until Wednesday. Then we fly to TX and spend the rest of the week with Jen at Texarcana convention. We figured NOW was the time to go, before I start waddling and before Rhya turns two (she won't be free airfare anymore). See ya soon sisters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment